Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Major Hong: Brave or stupid?

Mao 28, 2518, Dylan's Diary

Major Hong is either the bravest or stupidist man I know.

Ok, so we bring Jasmine's body back to her folks, and take a little cargo from Greenleaf, because we're going to Regina, out in the back of beyond. I mean, this place is the Rim, man. No port control, nothing much besides dust. As we're landing, the gol darn fuel regulator on the pulse drive goes down! Not a big deal, I guess, but we're not getting back to Santos any time fast, and it covers me in some kind of hydraulic fluid. I mean, I thought the damn thing regulates PLASMA, not fluid.

Anyway, we make it down fine, and I head out to the town to see what I can scrounge. I managed to talk a junk trader into taking my old one, and only charging me 20 platinum for it. Quite a steal, but we're gonna want to get a backup just in case it decides to fail again. The one that I have now is older than Zhan Yu's maiden aunt.

So, when I get back to the ship, Hong and Mel have sold the medicine, and we're still waiting on Jasmine's family. Mel's been driving me Fong luh talking about a gun, so when I saw a store that specialized in it, I thought I'd let her know. Figures a rim would wouldn't have a decent disco, but gun stores, now, that's a priority.

Anyway, I go fix the engine. I'm knee deep in it, when I hear the doors open. I tried coming Hong, but no answer, and I didn't wanna leave cause I'd just started getting the damn thing in place, and it's tough. So I'm working along, and I hear shouting down in the bay. I clean myself up a bit, and yell down trying to figure what's going on. Seems some fei fei de piyan smacked Major Hong, and took Jasmine's Body!

Well, I stayed and got the Pulse drive running, while the rest went to the Sheriff's. They came back with no help, but they did have a direction, so they took the shuttle to go look for the theives.


I was just tightening the last fastener, when I the music station I was listening to went off the air. I went up to the cockpit, and there were warnings and alerts going off everywhere. Port control was looping a warning about a pirate raid!

Well, I saw the first ship do a flyover, and that was no pirate. REAVERS! I commed Mel to get the hell out of atmo. I'm heading for the black, when I see the damn shuttle is blasting toward town! Now, I'm no coward, but if they wanted to commit suicide, that's there business. I found out later they were heading to get Jasmine's family at the urging of Lily, her sister. But Major Hong made the final call, ordering Mel back into the city. There's the brave or stupid part. I'm still not sure. I'm leaning toward brave, but stupid is still in the running.

Well, they get everyone on board, the whole family, but Mel seemed a little shellshocked. I hadn't seen that kind of daze since the war. She just wasn't able to function.

Then, we realized we'd lost Egg.

We had to go back. Major Hong and Mel and I all agreeed. But Mel couldn't make herself do it. I had to take over. I could just barely make it. I turned us around, and the Major took out a Reaver ship with Henrietta, but they were already leaving. An Alliance cruiser was on it's way in, trying to 'hunt pirates'.

The spaceport we had been in really got hit hard. Lots of dead, and more missing. What did they take the people for?

Lily's family stayed on Regina, but Lily came with us. She's going to hunt for the men who stole Jasmine's body. She may come with us as crew, if Martin and Thea approve. I like her. She's got a calm about her in the face of danger. Even with a Reaver grappling her, she managed to keep her wits about her.

We'll see what Martin says...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home