Monday, December 19, 2005

Thea's Diary: Entry 1139 (Mao 2518)

Well, that's a nice howdy. Dylan could have at least warned me as to why he was callin. So I git down there and he's a waitin with a couple locals from the sheriff's office. They were upset over me shootin at that feller in the bar. Had ta go in for questionin.

Reckon I should probably start where I left off. On our way back to the ship I'm askin the taller fella how he figures Jasmine (that meh lien dun jyah jee's name) earned her way into crew by givin them a bag of credits. Looks like money can't buy ya smarts, but can help ya look the other way. By the time we got back to the ship I was ready to pack it in, but Jasmine had some explainin to do. She hauled out the typical repressed woman bit. Typical. Of course the rest fell for it hook, line and sinker. I'd had enough and hit the bunk after readin a little.

Next mornin I find myself down at the sherrif's to explain what happened in the club. I recounted what happened as best I could. Spent some time in the lock-up for "assault", but he had it comin to him for insulting mei-mei. I had me a cunning plan going for makin a break when Dylan had some fancy pants lawyer come and get the charges dismissed. Well, except the assault charges, which was a fine. By the time I got back Mel, Dylan and the rest had gotten their first bounty. I can't wait to hear Mel tell the story. She seemed pretty thrilled with having gotten a bounty. Of course it'll have to be during break as we've got plenty of work to do around the ship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home